Area: 12,336 sq kms
Capital city: Port Vila
People: 98.7 percent of the population are of ni-vanuatu ethnicity. The remaining 1.3 percent of the resident population divides into different ethnic groups (part ni-vanuatu, other Melanesian, Polynesian, Micronesian, European, and Chinese).
Languages: There are over 130 different vernacular languages in use in Vanuatu but Bislama, which has similarities to the pidgin spoken in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands, is the lingua franca of the archipelago. Bislama, English and French are the official languages, with the latter two as the principal languages of education.
Religions: Most Christian denominations are represented, with the Presbyterian church being the largest followed by the Anglican, Catholic and Seventh Day Adventist churches.
Last Edit by Site Administrators on 5/04/2010 EDIT NOW >>